Monday 25 June 2007

Other pursuits

Last week the energetic ones cycled along the Forth and Clyde Canal, from Auchinstarry to Anniesland, at Lock 27. I was support crew, with the really hard job of driving between the 2 places to meet them for lunch. I had plenty of time to sit by the canal and knit while they cycled the 14 miles to me. After lunch in the restaurant at Lock 27 - imaginatively called Lock 27! - Fee and I drove on to Bowling, where the canal joins the River Clyde and then the sea. Allister still had the energy to cycle the 7 miles and arrived only a few minutes after us. This is Allister and me at the canal basin, a beautiful spot on a beautiful day.

As I said right at the start of this blog, I only came back to knitting in March. Before that I was doing a cross stitch picture. Didn't get very far with it as you can see, before I abandoned it for socks! Socks are easier to do in odd places. Eventually it will become the picture below. When I stop knitting socks.


























I have nearly finished spinning my Tussah silk. Now I have to decide what to knit with it.












Yet another thing I have tried. This was my Father's Day gift to my Dad. I was surprised and pleased at how realistic this turned out. Apart from the left eye, which is not too good, it seems to capture Connie.















This is specially for Yorkie. She was asking earlier if Allister had finished his water feature. Yes, here it is. When it's switched on water runs down the stone. Once again he's done a lovely job.

No comments: